Friday, September 14, 2012

It's Official!

Today, after 2.5 months of training, my fellow trainees and I were officially sworn in as Peace Corps volunteers at the ambassador's residence. I will leave Dangbo tomorrow at 5:30 am and should be in my new house in Sonsoro by nightfall.

Per the Beninese tradition for celebrations, all of the health trainees had their swear-in outfits made from the same fabric.

The volunteer in the middle is wearing a traditional Peuhl outfit. Such clothing is common in Sonsoro because Baribas and Peuhls are the two major ethnic groups there.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Alex congrats on your training! I think it's great that you are keeping us all up to date on your amazing adventure. Everyone at International Programs is keeping up with you through your blog. :) Hope you are doing well! Will you still be able to blog after you move to your new home? Also can we still send you mail at the address you had posted earlier?

    Miss you!

    Cherie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am going to try to keep blogging from Sonsoro, but there's no electricity, so it's hard to recharge my computer's battery.
    The address I posted earlier is still valid. Any mail would be much appreciated, and I promise to write back!
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the internet is obliging, I'll post pictures of my new home tomorrow from Kandi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The internet wasn't obliging... Maybe I can post them next weekend?
    Alex

    ReplyDelete