Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mailing Address

I now have a mailing address! Should anyone be inclined to write, this is where you can send a letter:

My Name
Corps de la Paix
BP 126
Kandi, Benin
West Africa

Any mail would be greatly appreciated, and I will certainly write back to anyone who writes me.


In case anyone is feeling ambitious, here are some special notes on packages:
- Only send padded envelopes (boxes are slower and may be subject to fees in Benin)
- Send via USPS
- NEVER send DHL (there is a $200 DHL fee here)
- Writing "Dieu te regarde" or other religious messages on the envelope can help prevent theft

5 comments:

  1. What do you need that you forgot? Or what do you need from here that will make life a little easier, more comfortable, etc. ? Books, paper, pens, a journal, tapes? What are you missing? I'd be happy to send whatever you need or want.

    Jean Ralley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I could come up with a list if I put my mind to it, but most of all, it would be nice to receive ANY kind of mail. I think there are just two of us in the group who have never received mail, which always makes the mail delivery a little depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much longer will you be there before heading to your new location? Any idea how long it takes the mail to arrive? --Saloni

    ReplyDelete
  4. The address I posted will be my address for the next two years. The mailbox is in the big city next to Sonsoro, where I will be moving in 3 weeks. Since mail takes about a month to arrive, you can consider that address to be valid immediately.
    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I put a package of maps in the mail for you yesterday, which should get to you in a week or ten days. Everything goes by air, so that should be good news.

    Jean Ralley

    ReplyDelete